Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog 🙂
Have you watched my newest video yet? I talk about common actions and activities we, Italians, do at Christmas.
Here’s a list of things we do – in Italian -:
- decorare —> decorare l’albero di Natale – decorare la casa
- decorazioni (decorazioni – ornaments)
- fare e ricevere gli auguri di Natale —> link to video
- fare e ricevere i regali
- scambiarsi i regali di Natale
- aprire i regali
- fare il presepe (set up the nativity scene)
- fare l’albero
- fare il brindisi a cena/pranzo
- giocare a tombola
- trascorrere del tempo con i parenti (to spend time with family)
- guardare i film natalizi in tv
- organizzare il pranzo di Natale
- apparecchiare la tavola
In the video I forgot to mention one very important thing we do at Christmas, which is going to the Christmas mass. I usually go at midnight between the 24th and the 25th of December; it is a tradition I’ve been following for a few years now and I prefer the midnight mass to the morning mass on the 25th because it is more calm and quiet, and you can really feel the Christmas religious atmosphere, I think.
What do you do in your country at Christmas? And what’s your favourite tradition to follow?
Let me know 🙂